PLANE was developed through funding from the Australian Government ICT Innovation fund, to provide a range of online professional development strategies and self-evaluation tools to ensure that anywhere, anytime professional development is available to teachers and leaders at all career stages and all levels of ICT competence, to develop ICT skills and their understandings of how these can be harnessed to improve pedagogy and student learning.
Well, the platform is built and we are now in continuation mode, running until at least early 2015. Now its up to you to engage with PLANE, the community that has evolved and the professional learning experiences available. The following on-going PL opportunities exist for educators on PLANE:
- Online self-directed Courses, Skill Snacks & Quests
- Online forums and groups for educators to share learning about ICTs and support each other with questions and answers
- Virtual World experiences and the 3D game Leornian is available 24/7 for educators to meet up & participate in hands-on immersive learning.
- The Gateways and App snacks bring in live feeds of curated digital material on particular ICT topics, this ensures the links are current & updated on an ongoing basis
- The ability for PLANE members to create their own group on PLANE & invite a cohort of colleagues to share resources & learning on a particular topic
- Sharing of useful online resources & a discussion about their use in the classroom via Share Club
- A calendar of facilitated online events
There’s a new calendar of events for March-June now available via the events calendar, or use this flyer to share the opportunities with your colleagues.
Your responses will help to shape PLANE into the future.
PS: do you like the new getting started guide? It will remain in place for another week or 2, then it can be accessed via the DISCOVER>>GETTING STARTED menu (a great way to introduce new PLANE members to what’s on offer).
See you online, the PLANE team.